Thursday, July 12, 2012

And on the eighth day...

It says something about our sense of self-importance that the General Convention lasts longer than God's creation of the world. And believe it or not, this is a shortened convention.

There's a packed legislative calendar today, but it's largely courtesy resolutions and pet projects. There's nothing on the table today either house actually cares about.

Except one thing - Open Communion (about which I've written elsewhere). That sort of passed the House of Deputies in a vote by orders yesterday, and will be considered by the Bishops today. The resolution that passed isn't open communion, but does crack the door a bit. I'll be surprised if it makes it through the Bishops. In any event, while I fall on the traditional side here, I can't work up much enthusiasm for this.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Brendan,

    I wanted to thank you for blogging the General Convention. I loved your perspective and your opinions. You wrote clearly and passionately about the church and her issues.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete